Powers of the Scholarships Committee
1. The Management of USA UnivQuest has formed a Scholarships Committee to decide on all aspects of the Scholarships. Accordingly, the decision(s) of the Committee will be final and binding on all students as well as USA UnivQuest management.
2. The Committee may, in the absence of receiving adequate number of appropriate and strong applications, decide to defer, cancel, modify or merge the Scholarships. In this regard, all decision(s) of the Committee will be final and binding on the students as well as USA UnivQuest management.
3. The Committee reserves the right to entirely cancel the Scholarships and/or modify the terms and conditions for conferring the Scholarships, without prior notice to either the students or USA UnivQuest management. In this regard, all decision(s) of the Committee will be final and binding on the students as well as USA UnivQuest management.
4. The Committee has decided to withhold the metrics of assessment to pre-empt the possibility of students padding their applications for the Scholarships. The Committee reserves the right of not making public their method and metrics for assessing suitability of students for the Scholarships.
About the Scholarships
5. Assessment for the Scholarships will be extremely rigorous. Students need to present a holistic profile, be academically meritorious and demonstrate a clear vision on how they can contribute to the betterment of society.
6. The Ivy League Scholarship will be available only if the student is admitted to any of the Ivy League Universities in the USA. These Universities are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University and Yale University.
7. The Statue of Liberty Scholarship will be available only if the student is admitted to any of the following top ranked universities in the USA: California Institute of Technology, University of Chicago, Duke University, Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University and Stanford University.
8. At the time of being shortlisted for the Scholarships mentioned above, students will have to indicate their choice of:
(a) 3 Universities among those listed for that Scholarship category, and
(b) intended major.
9. To be eligible for availing the Scholarship, students must fulfil both the conditions of:
(a) being admitted in at least one among the 3 universities mentioned at the time of shortlisting, and
(b) being admitted in the major mentioned at the time of shortlisting.
10. In case of a tie, there will be several stages of tie-breaking.
(a) first tie-breaker will be based on the gender – female student will win.
(b) second tie-breaker will be based on better performance in the College Curriculum Assessment Test.
(c) third tie-breaker will be based on better performance in Potential Discovery Test or Official Test Scores submitted in lieu thereof.
(d) final tie-breaker will be based on age – the younger student will win.
Disbursal of Scholarship
11. The Scholarship amount would consist of full tuition fees of the designated university and living expenses of USD 800 per month. Also, a one-time payment of one-way economy class airfare for the student and two-way economy class airfare for an accompanying adult will be paid when the student first joins the designated university in the USA. No other expenses are admissible.
12. The Scholarship amount for tuition fee and living expenses will be paid in advance instalments at the beginning of each semester. The tuition fee will be transferred directly to the designated university and the living expenses will be transferred on a quarterly basis to the student’s bank account.
13. The Scholarship will be disbursed for the next semester only when the student fulfils all the requirements for continuation of their Scholarship.
14. If the Scholarship is stopped due to any lacunae on the part of the student and/or their guardian, the Scholarship will lapse automatically.
Responsibility of Student for availing Scholarship
15. Student shall maintain a full-time, student status at the designated university.
16. Student shall maintain a GPA of 3.5 out of 4 in each semester.
17. Student shall continue to study in the same university and major for which they were shortlisted for the Scholarship.
18. Student should not be charged with felony and/or any criminal / immoral act(s).
19. Student should act in an ambassadorial capacity, to produce student profiles, and to attend scholarship/ recruitment events as required for USA UnivQuest or its associate organizations.
20. Student agrees to USA UnivQuest contacting him/her after graduation, for three years to understand how the Scholarship has influenced his/her career.
21. Student agrees and empowers USA UnivQuest to share his/her details with the media, the general public, students and associates of USA UnivQuest.
22. Student also agrees to provide USA UnivQuest with testimonials, videos, write-up, and other material to be used by USA UnivQuest and its associates for promotional purposes.
Dispute Resolution, Legal Jurisdiction & Limited Liability
23. All disputes of any nature with regard to the Scholarships shall be referred to Arbitration. The Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in New Delhi, in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 and statutory modification thereof and rules made there under. The student and his/her parent(s)/guardian(s) agree that for the purpose of arbitration, the Committee will appoint a Sole Arbitrator to decide on the dispute. The award of the sole arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties to the dispute.
24. The sole arbitrator so appointed shall not be incapacitated for reasons of their being the employee of USA UnivQuest or its sister concerns, or for having any prior linkage with the company. The seat of arbitration will be New Delhi.
25. The student and his/her parent(s)/guardian(s) agree that they shall not commence or maintain any action in a court of law relating to the Scholarships. This is needed for speedy redressal of issues.
26. Subject to the Arbitration Clause, the exclusive Jurisdiction in all legal disputes shall vest in the courts of Delhi / New Delhi only.
27. In any case, the liability of the Committee and USA UnivQuest will be restricted to the refund of the Registration Fee by the student, after deduction of taxes and levies that have already been deposited with statutory authorities.